Friday, December 30, 2011

Iphone Photography

The new iphone4s has an incredible camera. The upgrade is well worth it. You can read more about the specs at the apple site http://www.apple.com/iphone/.

Did you know that there are lens which you can use with the iphone such as a wide angle, fisheye, telephoto and macro? Check out http://photojojo.com/store/all-site-seatbelt.

I received a great gift recently. A small printer with which you can print directly from the iphone. http://www.vupointsolutions.com

O.K...so now in addition to just using the phone's camera you can of course down load your images onto your computer and edit them using any software program you have. There is also minor editing you can do right on the phone without any other software such as cropping and enlarging the image.

The apps you can download for editing directly on the phone are too numerous to mention, but I will suggest two:
Snapseed by nik software
and
Hipstamtic

Here is an example of a photo I took on the iphone and edited using Snapseed:


I started an iphone gallery on one of my websites. You can check it out at

O.K...So you might be wondering what do I love about using this tool as another means for creative expression? It is unobtrusive and I usually always have my iphone with me. Some photographers always carry a camera with them so this is an easy camera I always have on me. If I know I am going somewhere and it isn't an outing to shoot I might take a Point and Shoot. However if I am just going to the store or walking while listening to my music I always have the iphone.

My photo gear spans from the G11, Nikon D60, D7000 and cameras converted for infrared. Each camera has its place as a creative tool depending on the project I am working on. The iphone is another one which is always there.....

Please feel free to comment and share your experiences with it.


No comments:

Post a Comment